This weekend in Sydney is a long weekend and the weather forecast is fabulous. We love our long weekends in Australia, there is no better time to get together with friends, catch up and have some fun.
Of course, if you are the person catering, you need a quick and easy menu so that you are not stuck in the kitchen and you can have fun too.
This is one of my favourite entertaining dishes that everyone loves – perfect for a long lunch or relaxed dinner served with some delicious colourful salads and some fresh crusty bread…..
I hope you enjoy it as much as we (and our friends) do!
- 14-16 organic or free range chicken drumsticks (I used 'lovely legs')
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup tamari or light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat oven to 175 degrees and get a large baking dish ready to use
- Start by washing the chicken drumsticks, then place on kitchen paper towel to dry
- Pour lemon juice, tamari (or soy sauce) and honey into baking tray
- Using a desert spoon, stir the honey to blend into the lemon juice and soy
- Add chicken drumsticks and using tongs, stir drumsticks around to 'coat'
- If you have time, set aside to marinade for at least 30 minutes, otherwise bake for 40 minutes
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve
Suggested salads to serve alongside…choose 1-2 depending on number of guests!
My Super-simple kale salad (best if made a few hours before serving)
Quinoa salad with roasted pumpkin, edamame and feta (roast pumpkin, cook quinoa and edamame and make the dressing the day before – it will then take only a few minutes to throw together)
Marinated bean salad (make dressing and marinade tinned beans in it overnight to cut down prep time on the day)
Beetroot, lentil, feta and walnut salad (only the dressing really needs to be pre-made as this is a super-fast salad anyway)
Rocket, fig and feta salad – this is a super-popular salad with guests (also great as rocket, apple or pear and parmesan salad with the same dressing) – YUM!