I have a healthy obsession with corn fritters
Plus they taste so damn good
Corn is a food I get asked about often. Unfortunately many of my clients get told not to eat it (not by dietitians I may add!)
I don’t understand why as it so incredibly nutritious
I even wrote all about how healthy it is for you here – please check it out
These lovely fritters are so easy to make and very delicious
The hardest thing about them is deciding what to put on top…
Today it was a combination of tomato relish and fresh avocado
Who knows what tomorrow may bring?
- 400 gram tin black beans, drained
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn (no need to thaw)
- 1 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- ½ cup water
- extra virgin olive oil
- guacamole, avocado, tomato relish, onion relish etc to serve
- Place black beans, corn, coriander, salt, pepper, turmeric, baking powder and chickpea flour in a bowl. Mix together.
- Add water and mix well together until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat.
- When hot, add oil and spoonfuls of mixture to make fritters.
- Cook fritters on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
- Top with relish , avocado or guacamole and eat while still warm