The fabulous hard copy of my Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter ebooks which I have combined and added a few extra bits and pieces including some LOVELY dessert recipes like this one…
and this one…..because life is always better when balanced with a little extra sweetness 🙂
This book includes a few recipes from my website, but most are from my veggie-licious cooking classes
So this is a great book for anyone who can’t make it to them, but would like to learn more about how to eat a more plant-based intake, and find out just how deeelicious it can be 🙂
Of course all the recipes in my book are my favourites, but here is a particularly deeelicious Brown Rice Salad which on reflection I should have called something a bit fancier like Nutty Brown Rice Salad, but regardless, it tastes A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
I do hope you give it a go
And if you like it, trust me, you are going to love ALL the recipes in this book
To find out more and grab your copy, click here
And here’s to eating lots of incredibly delicious tasting food, which will help keep you very happy, satisfied and very, very healthy 🙂
- 1 cup (185 grams) brown rice
- ¼ cup light soy sauce or tamari
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into small cubes
- 2 medium carrots (1 cup), grated
- 1 zucchini (½ cup), grated
- ½ cup pistachios or cashews, toasted
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ½ cup sesame seeds, toasted
- fresh coriander or other herbs, garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Place rice and 2 cups of water in a tightly covered saucepan and simmer for 30–45 minutes, until the rice is tender and the water has all been absorbed.
- When cooked, immediately add the soy sauce and finely chopped red onion to the hot, cooked rice.
- Mix well, replace the lid and set aside for at least 2 hours, or overnight if you have the time.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
- After its standing time, add the spring onions, capsicum, carrot, zucchini, pistachios or cashews and seeds to the rice and mix well.
- Toss the dressing through the salad just before serving garnished with fresh herbs.