Banana Caramel Ice Cream
Have you ever tried frozen medjool dates? They taste just like caramel!
I’m sure you are all familiar with (my penchant for) making banana ice-cream out of….just frozen bananas! If you haven’t yet tried it you must. Even if you don’t like bananas that much, as the banana flavour isn’t that strong!
My latest favourite way to serve this ‘naked’ ice cream is by blending it with frozen medjool dates for a touch of ‘caramel’. You can blend it until it is all smooth (which is what I did) or you can leave chunks of dates (caramel) if you prefer – just watch out for ‘brain freeze‘ if you do this!
Add a touch of tahini too if you like for a slightly ‘richer’ flavour and texture…
Delicious and so healthy!
Give it a go and see for yourself…
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon tahini, optional
- Add bananas and dates to the bowl of a food processor and process to desired consistency.
- Add tahini and blend again quickly.
- Either eat immediately or refreeze, then blend again and then eat it (cause you can't resist it any longer!!)