In Winter, I love porridge for breakfast
On these cold mornings, it is such a lovely warming way to start the day
If you also love porridge, then give this a go…
Polenta cooked into a thick, creamy porridge with apples, raisins and cinnamon…
It is just delicious (and very filling)!
- 1 cup (250ml) dairy, soy or other milk of choice
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 medium apple, diced (don’t peel)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- Place the milk, water, apple, raisins, maple syrup, ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon and salt in a medium saucepan (that has a lid) and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Add the polenta to the pot in a thin stream, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon so that it doesn't go lumpy.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer with a lid on, stirring every few minutes, for 10-15 minutes or until the polenta is cooked.
- Pour into 3 serving bowls and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and walnuts before serving.
- Thermomix Instructions:
- First fix butterfly attachment into bowl of thermomix.
- Place milk, water, diced apple, raisins, maple syrup, ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon and salt in the thermomix bowl.
- Turn on to cook for 12 minutes on 90 degrees, speed 2. Add the polenta in a thin stream through the mc hole as soon as the thermomix is turned on, then replace mc to continue cooking.
- When cooked pour into 3 serving bowls and sprinkle with extra cinnamon and walnuts before serving.
Per Serve: 1226kJ or 292 calories; P 6g Fat 6g SFat 0.5g CHO 54g Fibre 5g