Lemon Mousse with Fresh Blueberries
Lemon Mousse with Fresh Blueberries – very low fat!
- Remove silken tofu from packet, drain and remove extra liquid by dotting it with paper towel
- Place tofu in food processor and puree until smooth – about 15-20 seconds
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and honey to food processor and puree for another 10-15 seconds until well mixed through
- Add a few blueberies to the bottom of 4 serving glasses. Pour mousse into serving glasses on top of blueberries.
- Cover and refridgerate for at least 2 hours
- Serve topped with remaining fresh blueberries
Per Serve (incudes blueberries): 524kJ or 125 calories; P 4g Fat 1.4g SFat 0.2g CHO 24g Fibre 1g
A typical traditional lemon mousse made from cream, sugar, egg whites and lemon juice has 390 calories per serve – with 35g of total fat and 23g of saturated fat! WOW!!!!
Note: when fresh blueberries are not available, use frozen blueberries to make a sauce to go on the top. If you use frozen blueberries in the mousse, it may not set
For a low FODMAP version, replace honey with maple syrup
YUM! looks delicious!! I’m a huge lemon flavored dessert fan and this sounds like a great healthy dessert to try