Mmmm, its time for some chocolate love
Well it is Valentine’s Day after all!
It’s been super hot here in Sydney
So I’ve been playing around with some snack recipes you don’t need to cook
And came up with this beauty….
A most delicious, healthy chocolate fudge that has black beans in it!
Plus its really quick and easy to make
In fact it’s super-fast to make if you have a high speed blender
I used my thermomix and it took less than 2 minutes
This post may have come too late to make some for Valentine’s Day
But the weekend is upon us
So I hope you give these a go
And let me know what you think
i.e. just how delicious they are!
- 1¼ cups (115 grams) desiccated coconut, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 tablespoon (20 grams) natural peanut butter or tahini
- ¼ cup (60 grams) pure maple syrup
- 1 generous teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup cooked black beans*
- ⅓ cup (38 grams) raw cacao or cocoa powder
- Line a 6 inch (15 cm) square tin with greaseproof paper and set aside
- Into the bowl of a food processor add coconut, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla paste
- Blend until well pureed and mix turns into a smooth paste
- Wipe down the sides of the bowl, then add black beans and cocoa powder and blend again until well combined
- Scoop mixture into prepared tray, spread evenly and smooth the top
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Cut into 24 small pieces
- Store in the fridge
- Can be frozen
- *If you don't want to use black beans, you can replace them with a banana
- But they will be choc-banana fudge and taste banana-ey!
I get mine from Woolworths