Peanut Butter Chickpea Energy Balls
One of the most common requests I get from clients is for a healthy snack
So I thought I’d share my current favourite
These are a re-work of a recipe I posted nearly 4 years ago
A much quicker, easier version, with lots of variations, very deeelicious
And you’d never know that these form the base….
Making them incredibly healthy – high fibre and low GI, so very filling
Plus they are super-tasty, don’t cost a lot and keep really well
Everything you want from a snack 🙂
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed or 1⅓ cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup (130 grams) natural peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons (90-120 grams) honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130 grams) whole rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips, cranberries or dried apricots, chopped, optional
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, for rolling
- Place drained chickpeas, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and oats in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Carefully mix through chocolate chips, cranberries or apricots by hand or pulse, but do not blend.
- Place coconut on a plate.
- Scoop out heaped teaspoons of mix and roll between your palms to form a ball, then roll in coconut.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
For a vegan version, use maple syrup
For a nut-free version, replace peanut butter with tahini or any other 100% seed butter
You can replace peanut butter with any other nut butter e.g. almond, cashew, or ABC (almond, Brazil & cashew)
BTW, this is my absolute favourite peanut butter – it is sooo delicious