Have you seen this gorgeous stuff in your green grocers or supermarket?
Its baby kale
The taste is much milder and the leaves are much softer than regular bunch kale, making it perfect for salads and making it no longer necessary to massage your kale before eating it raw!
This salad came about from wanting something quick, easy and not too heavy to serve alongside our pan-fried flathead after finishing a yoga class at 8pm
When eating that late at night you don’t want a heavy meal – this was perfect – light, tasty, crunchy and delicious!
- 100g baby kale, washed and dried
- 1 large blood orange, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced thinly (approx ½ cup) - either use raw or saute quickly with a little olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Layer kale, orange and fennel in a serving bowl or on a plate
- Add oil and vinegar to a small jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until well combined
- Pour dressing over salad, then sprinkle seeds on top
- Toss salad just before serving