Banana & Coconut Ice Cream
I hope that you are all familiar with the banana ice-cream that you make very simply from blitzing frozen bananas in your food processor
Using this recipe as a base, I made a berry gelato by simply adding frozen berries back in January last year
Today’s variation includes a new product I found in the supermarket – Vitasoy coconut milk
This coconut milk is a little different from the one you get in cans and add to your Thai or Indian curries. It is much lower in total and saturated fat than even the light coconut milk (total – 2g per 100g compared with around 6g and saturated 2g per 100g vs around 5.6g). But it still has a lovely creamy texture and delicious coconut flavour.
I froze the coconut milk in ice cubes, then simply blitzed it in the food processor with 2 frozen bananas, a little honey and some cinnamon. Incredibly easy and very delicious….
Best eaten quickly before it melts!
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen overnight
- ½ cup coconut milk, frozen
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- flaked coconut for garnish, optional
- Break bananas in half and add to the bowl of a food processor
- Add the frozen coconut milk, honey and cinnamon and puree until well combined and 'creamy'
- You may need to stop the food processor and using a spatula, wipe the sides down a few times
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately