Yet another reason to eat organic
This article is very interesting…
7 Foods To Eat Organic
If you are only going to eat some organic food make sure these 7 are on the list.
Grown conventionally they contain higher levels of pesticides than other fruit and veg.
1. Grown for the conventional market potatoes contain one of the highest pesticide contents among fruit and veg.
2 & 3. Beef and milk. Conventionally raised animals are fed growth hormones and medication to fight disease and speed growth.
4. Apples. The peel is one of the healthiest parts. Unfortunately the peel is where pesticides accumulate.
5. Strawberries. Some conventionally grown strawberries are enhanced with a fungicide.
6. Kale and Spinach. They are often sprayed with more than 20 kinds of pesticides.
7. Peaches grown conventionally are high on the list of tree fruits for being the most susceptible to pesticide residues.
This information comes from http://www.doorsteporganics.com.au a great organic home delivery service that we have used many times