Recently I’ve had a lot of retired clients wanting to improve their health
One of the main things they all need to do is eat more veggies
So I was talking to one lady yesterday about how she was going to do that
She’s already successfully searched and used a lot of recipes on my website for dinners
But wanted something quick to make for lunch in place of her usual sandwich
Which ‘wasn’t a salad and didn’t have beans in it’ was her request
This is what I came up with…
Super fast, super tasty fritters
Who doesn’t like a fritter – right?
They are seriously the easiest way to get anyone to eat more veggies (especially kale)
Cause fritters always taste sooo damn good!
And while the original idea was to have them for lunch
You could also serve them for breakfast, a light dinner or even as a snack
So whatever you do, don’t forget to EAT YOUR VEGGIES
Ummm, I mean, try these fritters…..
- 1 cup grated carrot, approx 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped kale, approx 2 leaves kale, deveined
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta, approx 35 grams
- ½ cup besan flour
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup water
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Add into a bowl the carrot, kale, coriander, feta, besan flour, sesame seeds, egg, water, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add about a tablespoon of olive oil then spoon dollops of the fritter mix into the frying pan, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked through and golden brown.
- When cooked, place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat with oil and remaining mix.
- Serve warm fritters with your choice of chutney, green tahini or chilli sauce and salad.