I like to think that by now I have a recipe for pretty much anything you are looking for on my site
Then a client asked for a healthy snack to put in her kid’s lunch box
It had to be nut-free and egg-free
Quick and easy to make
And preferably no baking involved, as she hates her oven
And predicts we are in for a pretty warm late Spring/Summer
(I think she may be right!)
I suggested this Three Seed Choc Bar
But apparently it was “too seedy” and her son doesn’t like dates!
Okay, so I didn’t have a recipe that fit this entire brief
But now I do!
What do you think?
I think I nailed it!
No Bake Seedy Chocolate Energy Bars
Author: Caroline Trickey from Healthy Home Cafe
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup ground linseeds
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1½ tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ⅔ (170 grams) cup tahini or peanut butter
- ⅓ (115 grams) cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Line an 18 cm (7 inch) square baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix oats, coconut, ground linseeds, sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds together in a medium bowl.
- Put tahini and honey in a medium-sized saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until they 'melt' together.
- Stir through cacao powder, then pour in dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Press mix into prepared tin
- Allow to cool completely before cutting