Need a new, thick, hearty, tasty soup recipe?
You can’t go wrong with this gorgeous bowl of green-goodness!
I adapted this recipe from McKenzie’s Pulse Power ebook
It includes these gorgeous green split peas – which happen to be a great source of fibre and protein
And delicious broccoli
We all know that broccoli is incredibly healthy, right?
This is another quick and easy-to-make soup
Which is deliciously tasty
So nourish your well-deserving body with a steaming hot bowl of this fabulous soup
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large celery stick, chopped
- 1 kg broccoli - stems chopped and head cut into florets
- ½ cup green split peas
- Yoghurt, to serve, optional
- Mixed seeds (pepita, sesame, sunflower), toasted, to serve
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- When hot, add onion and oil, cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add celery, broccoli stems, peas and stock and bring to the boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 3-5 minutes until just cooked. Remove from heat.
- Use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve soup with a dollop of yoghurt, if using and sprinkle of toasted seeds.
- Tip: Do not overcook broccoli florets at step 3 so that the soup retains its lovely green colour