Banana Macadamia Honey and Cinnamon Granola
Do you have bananas ripening way faster than you can eat them thanks to this crazy weather?
Our freezer is already overloaded with frozen bananas, so I was looking for some new inspiration and ideas using over-ripe bananas
I’ve seen some healthier biscuit recipes using banana in them, so I kind of used that idea and combined it with the fact that my husband usually tops his muesli with a banana to make this – my Crunchy Banana Granola….
A gorgeous blend of oats, coconut, macadamia nuts and seeds with just a hint of banana and cinnamon
To save time when making it, I measured out all the dry ingredients during the week and stored them in a jar. I then just had to make the banana ‘mash’ and add the pre-measured dry ingredients.
Doing it this way, the muesli was put together in what seemed like no time at all!
And when the granola is cooked and cooled, use the same jar to store it in!
What a great way to start your day…
A bowl of this deeelicious muesli, some yoghurt and whatever other fruit you may like to add on top
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons macadamia or extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 150 degrees C and line one large or two medium-sized baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Place the banana in a medium bowl and either mash well with a fork, or using a hand blender blitz until smooth
- Add in the oil, honey and cinnamon. Mix well then set aside
- In another larger bowl, combine the oats, coconut, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
- Pour the mashed banana mixture into the bowl with the oat mixture and stir until well combined
- Spread mixture evenly over the baking tray/s
- Bake for approx 45 minutes, checking and turning every 10-15 minutes, until golden brown
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature
- Keeps for up to one week