Sometimes the simple things in life are the best
Like a warm, comforting bowl of a thick, creamy, delicious tasting, very healthy soup
This gorgeous cauliflower soup has a just a touch of curry powder, along with some fresh turmeric, which lifts it to a whole new level
And some ‘creaminess’ from cashews
This is my latest short-on-time, quick and easy soup made with my current favourite seasonal vegetable, the mighty cauliflower
I hope you love it as much as we did!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 medium cauliflower (mine weighed 700 grams after removing the green bits), roughly chopped
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable or chicken stock
- a generous ½ cup cashews
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat a large, heavy based pot over medium heat
- When hot add oil and onion and cook until soft and slightly browned
- Add garlic, turmeric, curry powder and pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes before adding the cauliflower and stock
- Bring stock to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 15 minutes, until cauliflower has softened
- Place cashews in the bowl of a food processor and blend into a fine powder
- Add one ladle of stock to the food processor and blend, then add the remainder of the soup and blend until smooth.
- Note - you may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your food processor!
- Pour back into your soup pot and stir through coriander