Here is a great quick and easy soup recipe to warm you up on what is supposed to be the coldest weekend in Sydney in 60 years!
Cauliflowers are in season, plentiful and reasonably priced right now.
Plus they are so easy to work with – you don’t need to peel them and they are not too hard which makes them easy to chop!
This is a smooth, creamy, delicious soup with just a hint of spice…
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (or more if you like)
- 1 medium cauliflower (approx 1 kilogram), roughly chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup low fat coconut milk
- fresh coriander, garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- When hot add onion and oil and sautee for 8-10 minutes or until soft and starting to brown.
- Add garlic, turmeric and cumin and cook for a few minutes, then add cauliflower, lentils, stock and water.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and red lentils are cooked.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and stir through coconut milk.
- Serve garnished with coriander.