Polenta Pancakes with Berry Compote and Vanilla Yoghurt
Makes 12 pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup low fat yoghurt
- 2/3 cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Your favourite vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the yoghurt and milk.
- Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients and fold through until just combined.
- Heat a non stick pan over moderate heat. When the pan is hot, drizzle in a little oil and swish it around, then spoon in large spoonfuls of pancake mix.
- Cook the pancakes until the bottoms are browned and bubbles start to appear on the surface (approx 2 minutes).
- Flip and cook until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile place the blueberries, raspberries and maple syrup in the microwave and cook on full for 2 minutes.
- Serve the pancakes warm, topped with the berry compote and your favourite vanilla yoghurt
Per Serve (2 pancakes only): 957kJ or 228 calories; P 9g Fat 6g SFat 1.3g CHO 32g Fibre 4g
Per Serve (2 pancakes with berry compote & 1 tablespoon low fat vanilla yoghurt): 1209kJ or 288 calories; P 10.5g Fat 6.7g SFat 1.6g CHO 44g Fibre 5g