Zucchini, Corn and Coriander Soup
This is the second of my super (souper)-fast and delicious soup recipes and it has been a life-saver during my busy schedule lately
Despite being super-busy, I like to make sure I am still eating well as this is so important to me
I actually made this soup on my old blog several years ago. Today I changed the recipe slightly as since organic basil is not available in Winter (and neither should it be!) but coriander is (?), I used coriander
This will be my lunch for the next few days with some lovely big chunks of sourdough bread, spread liberally with avocado and sprinkled with dukkah. A quick, healthy meal that I look forward to eating and is just deeeelicious!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 6 medium (850g approx) zucchinis, diced
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup low fat milk or soy milk
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander, chopped (reserve a little for garnishing)
- pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- When hot add the olive oil and onion and sautee for 4-5 minutes until the onion softens and start to brown.
- Add zucchinis, corn and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from stove and blend using a stick blender, or in a food processor.
- Add milk, coriander (leave aside a little for garnishing) and pepper and stir through.
- Serve garnished with extra coriander
Variations: Feel free to only partially puree the soup and leave some chunky
I have added baby spinach leaves when serving the soup which works really well
Vegan version – use vegetable stock (or Massels chicken stock) and soy milk
Low FODMAP version – omit onion (and oil)]], use Massels 7’s stock cubes and water for the stock and lactose free or soy milk
Notes on Corn: Corn contains a phytonutrient called zeaxanthin which can protect your eyes from macular degeneration. It is also a good source of resistant starch which promotes good bowel health and protects against bowel cancer.