Have a look at this gorgeous thing!
This iridescent cauliflower was a most delightful surprise in my veggie box this week – and I knew just what to do with it…
My super-easy, super-tasty cauliflower cheese
Cauliflower and cheese are one of those matches made in heaven. Although usually it means that the cauliflower is drowned in a gluggy cheese sauce and you can barely recognize it. It would be a shame to do that with this spectacular cauli! Besides this is much easier and I think, just as tasty.
Simply steam your cauliflower
Cut some slices of cheese and place on top
Bake in the oven….and hey presto, cauliflower cheese…..
- 450 gram whole cauliflower
- 70 grams (approx) of a super-tasty cheese, sliced
- Wash cauliflower
- Cut an indent out of the base (see photo below), place in a steamer basket and cook for 15 minutes (approx, until soft)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper
- When the cauliflower is cooked, carefully transfer it to the prepared baking tray
- Cover top with slices of cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden on top
This purple cauliflower doesn’t actually taste any different from a regular cauliflower, but it was delicious 🙂
According to the oracle wikipedia – “The purple colour in this cauliflower is caused by the presence of the antioxidant group anthocyanins, also found in red cabbage and red wine”
Purple is the one colour you don’t get often in food, so these cauliflowers give you a chance to up your purples! And this is such an easy and tasty way to prepare them…