Chewy Coconut Biscuits
I love to bake and am always on the lookout for healthier cake and biscuit recipes to try.
I came across this recipe on a blog called Healthful Pursuits. They are super easy and since I didn’t add vanilla as per the original recipe, they only have 4 ingredients.
I used oat flour in them, which is made by finely chopping oats in a food processor (or thermomix). This took only 10 seconds in my thermomix. The original recipe suggests to use almond meal, which would also be lovely.
I made only half the original recipe as the more I make, the more I eat. This quantity made 10 biscuits which was the perfect amount.
They are delicious biscuits that aren’t too sweet and have a great texture thanks to the coconut.
I just have to make sure there are some left for my husband when he gets home from sailing!
- 1 egg (60g)
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup oat flour (oats processed into fine crumbs)
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg.
- Add honey, oat flour and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Using a soup spoon, scoop out spoonfuls and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking tray.
- Flatten balls
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown
Each biscuit has approx 103 calories